Assigning File Groups to Users
After creating file groups and parent-child relationships you want to use, you can assign file groups to users or user groups.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > User Explorer.
The User Explorer window opens.
- Select the File Groups by User tab.
- In the Users, Groups, Computers and Domains panel, select a user or user group.
- Select one or more file groups from the Not Authorized list.
- Select one of the following options:
|Authorize||Adds the selected file group to the list of file groups directly authorized for the selected user or user group.|
|Authorize All||Adds the names of file listed as Not Authorized to file groups directly authorized for the selected user or user group.|
Changes to file authorizations or user membership for a file group can remove users that are indirectly authorized for a file group.
The user or user group is now assigned to the designated file group.
After Completing This Task
You can send the updated authorization(s) immediately to the client computers using the Control Panel > Tools > Send Updates option. If you do not send updates to protected clients, they automatically receive updates when they restart or at next user log in.