You can compare a scan, performed before installing a new application, to a scan performed after the installation process is complete. Alternatively, you can compare different scans to identify files associated with separate applications.
Before you can compare two scans, you must perform at least two separate scans.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > Scan Explorer.
The Scan Explorer window opens.
- Click Select Scans.
The Select Scans dialog opens.
- In the Show scans made from template field, select a template from the drop-down list.
- In the First Scan panel:
- Select a computer name from the drop-down list.
- Select the name of your first scan from the drop-down list.
- In the Second Scan panel:
- Select a computer from the drop-down list.
- Select the name of for your second scan from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
The system compares the two scans and lists the results in the Scan Explorer window. Each file is assigned a status as follows:
- Added - The file was added between the first and second scans.
- Different - The file has been modified since the previous scan. The file has the same filename but a different digital signature and may be a newer version.
- Original - The file remains unchanged from the previous scan. This output only shows when comparing the same scan.