Assign Media to Users
You can assign users to CD/DVDs and encrypted removable storage media that are contained in the Ivanti Device and Application Control database.
You can authorize access for specific users to use CDs/DVDs and encrypted removable storage devices after added the devices to the database, as follows:
- Grant permissions to use specific CD/DVDs for users who do not usually have access to the CD/DVD drive.
- Allow specific users to access encrypted media.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > Media Authorizer > Media by User tab.
- Click Add.
The Select Group, User, Local Group, Local User dialog opens.
- Click Search or Browse.
- Select user(s) from the list shown.
- In the Media panel, select the media from the Not Authorized list.
- Click Authorize.
Access to the specified media is authorized for the user you selected.
Restriction: You can only assign users, not groups, to encrypted removable storage media.