Assign User Access to Media
You can authorize specific user access to removable storage media and CD/DVDs.
You must complete one of the following tasks before you can assign access to media:
- Encrypt removable media.
- Add CD/DVD media to the database.
You can assign specify user access for the encrypted removable storage medium that you select as follows.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > Media Authorizer > Users by Medium tab.
- Select one of the following options:
- In the Media panel, select one of the following options from the Type column:
- Removable storage medium
- Click Add User.
- From the Select Group, User, Local Group, Local User dialog, click Search or Browse.
- Select user(s) from the list shown.
Restriction: You can only assign users, not groups, to encrypted removable storage media.
- Click OK.
The selected user(s) is assigned access to the encrypted removable storage medium that you specified.
|Add CD/DVD||Adds the designated CD/DVD to the database.|
|Add Removable||Adds the designated removable storage medium to the database.|