Import Externally Encrypted Removable Media
You can import data from an externally encrypted device.
To successfully import data from an externally encrypted device, the following conditions must be met:
- A client is installed on the same computer as the Management Console where import takes place.
- Use Active Directory domains for:
- Microsoft Windows 2003®R2
- Microsoft Windows 2008®
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012®R2
The administrator has administrative rights for the computer used to import the encrypted media.
The user must be assigned permission to access the Removable Storage Devices class.
The user must have the password and encryption key for the encrypted removable media.
- Connect the medium to the computer used for encryption.
- In the Management Console, select View > Modules > Media Authorizer > Users by Medium tab.
- Click Add Removable.
The Add Removable Media dialog opens.
- From the Encryption drop-down list, select Import (secure for existing data)
- In the Password field, type the password for the encrypted removable storage medium.
The medium is added to the database and can be viewed in the Media panel.
After Completing This Task
To provide user access to the removable storage medium, you must assign users to access the media.