Working with Log Explorer
Every endpoint protected by Ivanti Device and Application Control generates activity logs for administrator and user-defined client actions. The information in these logs is sent to the Application Server and can be viewed through the Log Explorer module of the Management Console.
With the Log Explorer module you can also:
- Sort, add criteria, define columns, create templates, and organize information.
- Monitor the activities of administrators using audit log information.
- Save the results of querying log entries.
- Generate on-demand or automatic reports containing details of granted or denied applications or administrator actions.
- Generate custom reports using templates.
- The Log Explorer Window
The Log Explorer window is the primary mode for administrator interaction with Log Explorer module functions.
- Navigation Control Bar
You can use the navigation control bar to select a template or navigate and control your results.
- Column Headers
The column headers display the title of the columns.
- Log Explorer Templates
The operation of the Log Explorer module is based on templates that allow you to generate custom reports containing results that match specific criteria.
- Select and Edit Templates Dialog
The Select and edit templates dialog is used to select, add, edit, import, export, schedule, and run templates.
- Template Settings Dialog
The Template settings dialog is used to define the settings used for a new template, or a template selected from the Select and edit templates dialog:
- Criteria/Properties Panel
The Criteria/Properties panel displays the criteria used in the template and the log entry information that corresponds to rows shown in the Results panel.
- Results Panel/Custom Report Contents
The Results panel is the area of the Log Explorer window which displays and categorizes the template query results.
- Upload Latest Log Files
You may need to view the most current log information to help you quickly troubleshoot problems or verify that permissions or authorizations are set correctly.