Create New Template
The Log Explorer provides extended capability for creating custom audit query templates.
You can create customized templates that represent specific query criteria.
- From the Management Console, select View > Modules > Log Explorer > Template.
The Select and edit templates dialog opens.
- Click New.The Templates settings dialog opens, which has three tabs: General, Simple Query, Schedule.
- Select the General tab.
- Enter a name for the new template in the Template name field.
- Type a brief description of the template in the in the Description field.
- Select one of the following options:
- accessed and used by any user,
- edited, and saved by the owner and Enterprise Administrators,
- edited but not saved by Administrators.
- Select the Simple Query tab to specify your query columns and criteria.
These criteria determine which log entries are shown as results in the Log Explorer report, and the information that is displayed.
To select log entries that match certain criteria, select the column to which the criteria apply, by selecting the appropriate check box, clicking (ellipsis) in the Criteria column, and specifying the criteria you want to match.
You can choose which information to display for each entry, the display size of the columns and how the results are grouped or sorted in particular ways.
If you select the Count column then the results are automatically grouped.
- Click Execute Query.
If you click OK, the window closes and then you will need to click Execute from the Select and Edit Templates dialog.
The Template settings dialog closes and you see the results in the Log Explorer window. The template is stored when you execute the query.
|Private||The new template will only be accessible to the owner and Enterprise Administrators.|
|Published||The template can be:
|Shared||The template can be accessed, used, and edited by any user.|