Upgrading the Database
Using the Ivanti Device and Application Control installation software, the Installation Wizard upgrades the Ivanti Device and Application Control database, the first Ivanti Device and Application Control component that you upgrade.
Important: For installation or upgrade to the latest version of Ivanti Device and Application Control:
- You must have a valid license file that is issued specifically for version 4.5 or later. Confirm that you have the required license file available before you begin installation.
- License files issued before Ivanti Device and Application Control version 4.5 will not work with the Application Server and may cause your Application Servers to stop working.
- The license for Ivanti Device and Application Control 4.5 or later must be installed before you install or upgrade the Ivanti Device and Application Control database, and then the Application Server.
- Request a new license file using the Downloads tab on the Self-Service Portal.
Upgrade of the Ivanti Device and Application Control database does not require OLE automation or CLR to be enabled.
- Back-up your database before performing any upgrade.
Refer to the following for more information about database back-up and restore procedures for Microsoft SQL Server.
- See Backup Overview (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/backup-restore/backup-overview-sql-server) for more information about backing up the database.
- Log in to the computer running the SQL server.
- Close all programs running on the computer.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
During database migration, the size of the database may double. You must ensure enough disk space is available.
- Expand the Databases directory in the Object Explorer panel and right-click the target database.
A right-mouse menu opens.
- Select Properties from the right-mouse menu.
The Database Properties window opens.
- Select Files.
- Click the ellipses [...] in Autogrowth column.
The Change Autogrowth dialog opens.
- Select Enable Autogrowth.
- Select Unrestricted File Growth.
- Click OK.
The Change Autogrowth dialog closes.
- Click OK.
- From the location where you saved the Ivanti Device and Application Control application software, run \server\db\Db.exe.
The Installation Wizard Welcome page opens.
- Click OK.
- Click Upgrade.
The Ivanti Device and Application Control Database page opens showing a progress bar that indicates the installation status.
Tip: If you are upgrading a database that was not installed on a SQL Server with the Ivanti Device and Application Control installation executable file, for example the database was moved to another server after initial installation or the database was installed using SQL script files, you must manually upgrade the Ivanti Device and Application Control database.
Caution: If a database size cap is set in SQL, database migration may fail.
Important: You must maintain these settings until the database migration is finished. Database migration begins the first time the Ivanti Device and Application Control starts after upgrading the application. Database migration can take several hours or days, depending on the size of the database.
- Click Next.
The Completed page opens.
- Click Finish.
Ivanti Device and Application Control setup upgrades the existing Ivanti Device and Application Control database.