Send an email Quick Action
Use the Send an email Quick Action to compose an email to send to a designated person or group. For example, you can send a confirmation email when a change is approved. The email can be populated with data such as field values, functions, counters, or global values.
You also can send updates to the calendar application of the target group, such as task updates when a change occurs in an incident or change record.
Group emails are facilitated using address book-style functionality. The default is to send one email. To send an email for each record in a relationship, select the appropriate radio button, then select the related business object from the drop-down list. This also allows you to select email targets for the parent record and related record when completing the email template.
You can also send emails to child business object records associated with the parent business object. An email is sent for each instance of the child business object.
Journal.Email records are linked to the parent business object when running the Send an email Quick Action and business rule, regardless of whether the relationship internal reference name is defined or not.
The behavior for escalation and workflow services in Neurons for ITSM is as follows:
- Only one relationship exists between two business objects.
- If more than one relationship is found, the relationship references cannot be resolved unless one of the relationships has an empty internal reference name.
- If more than one relationship exists and neither one can be removed, contact Ivanti support to remove the internal reference name. This allows escalation and workflow services to uniquely identify it.
You can access parameters for the Send an email Quick Action block using the Block and Common tabs of the Settings pane. For more information on the Common tab settings, see Common Quick Actions.
Click on the Block tab in the Settings pane to access block-specific parameters.
- Block Label: Enter a unique label for the Send an email Quick Action block.
You can have multiple Send an email Quick Action blocks, each sending a separate email, in one composite action; therefore, you should populate this field with a unique, descriptive title. See Composite Action Action for more information on composite actions.
- Log in Journal: Specifies which emails to keep. Select one of the following:
- All: Default. Keeps all emails.
- Failed: Keeps only failed emails.
- To view the emails, log in to the application and open the Email workspace. The list in the Email workspace contains a column called Sent that indicates if the application sent the email. If you set this parameter to Failed, the application enters an N (for no) in this column.
- From Address: The address from which the email is sent. Click into the field and type your from address.
- To Address: The address or addresses to which the email is sent. This field can contain multiple entries. Click Address book to enter the addresses.
- Add cc: Adds a cc (carbon copy) field to the form. Use this field to enter addresses you want to cc.
- Add bcc: Adds a bcc (blind carbon copy) field to the form. Use this field to enter addresses you want to bcc.
- Subject: The subject of the email. You can either enter a subject or click the icon to open the Expression Editor and create an expression-based subject.
- Attach from related business objects: Allows you to attach a related business object.
- Include Attachments: Check this box to enable the Business Object dropdown menu.
- Business Object: Use the dropdown menu to select the business object you want to attach.
- Prompt for Attachments: When you run the Send an email Quick Action block, if you have checked this box, the Send an email Quick Action will prompt you to attach a file.
- Attach a File: Click to attach a file to the email before running the Send an email Quick Action.
- Compose Email: The body of the email. Construct the body of your email using the controls in the email body area.
Click Save to commit your settings.