Identity Director Password Reset
Configure the Password Reset settings
The description below assumes that you have completed the instructions described in the topic 'Import the Building Blocks'.
- In the Management Portal, go to Setup > Login Page Services > Password Reset.
- On the General tab:
- Select Windows logon screen, Web Portal logon screen and Include captcha validation. Captcha validation provides additional security to validate users.
- Optionally, in the Reset link text field, customize the text of the password reset link. The default text (Password Reset) is available in all supported languages on the Web Portal.
- In the People identifier field, select Windows user account. If configured in your environment, you can select other people identifiers.
- Click the browse button in the Service field.
- In the Select Service pane, select the service Reset password and mail a new one and click OK.
- Optionally, in the User instructions and Status page message fields, provide additional information for the user.
- Optionally, in the Redirection URL field, specify a URL of choice after a password reset, rather than the default Identity Director sign-in page. In certain scenarios, for example when users access Identity Director from a thin client, redirecting them to the default page may not be user-friendly. By specifying a URL of choice, you can prevent scenarios like these.
- In the Password input field, select Provided through service workflow.
- On the Verification Code tab, disable Verification code validation
- On the Security Questions tab, set the number of security questions to 0.
- Save the changes.
You have now configured password resets via e-mail.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.