Identity Director Administration Guide
In the Management Portal at Data Model > People Attributes, configure People Attributes. Configure table attributes to store multiple rows of data in a table structure.
You can use table people attributes for example in actions to direct the workflow or to personalize notifications. This is also very useful in integrations with third-party solutions like Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems.
You can link table service attributes to table people attributes.
- The Name of the attribute must be unique for all attribute types.
- If the attribute is filled using a data connection:
- the icon is displayed next to the attribute name, in the list on the People Attributes page.
- the Data connection name is displayed on the attribute details page.
- You can add a maximum of 32 columns.
- Select the check boxes in the Required column to specify mandatory columns.
- Select the check boxes in the Restricted Information column to mask the column values in the Management Portal.
- Authorized administrators see the icon for restricted attributes and their placeholders. They can click this icon to view their value. These values are hidden again when the page is refreshed. This prevents situations in which unauthorized administrators can view restricted information by shoulder surfing authorized administrators. Where appropriate, a button is available to view ALL restricted attributes at once.
- Unauthorized administrators see the icon for restricted attributes and their placeholders. At Transactions, restricted attributes are shown as [attributename]. Although unauthorized administrators cannot see the attribute value, this still allows them to verify if the context or definition of the attribute is correct.
This functionality applies to the Management Portal only; restricted information is still shown in the Web Portal.
When you configure the attribute values that apply to a person (on the Attributes tab of the Person page):
- Mandatory columns are shown in red.
- Click the arrows to configure the order of the rows.
- Values are validated. If you use separators:
- Pipe-characters ("|") are changed to a capital i ("I").
- Semi-colons (";") are changed to a colon (":").
- You can add a maximum of 512 rows.
Consider the following scenario:
- People use multiple devices to interact in your environment.
- You want to store the following information about these devices in a people attribute: device identifier, friendly name of the device, type of device, OS, phone number, and status.
With a table people attribute, you can store this information in the following format:
To retrieve data from the table, you can use the commands below. The commands are based on Subscriber, but they are also available for Requester and Actor:
|Get the values of the entire table|
|Command||#Subscriber[PA Table.FullTable] Notes: Column values are separated with “;”, rows with a “|”.|
|Get all values of the selected table row|
|Get the value of a specific column in the selected table row|
Resolve the values of the table selection that was made with the Perform Table Operation action during a service transaction.
|Get the values of a table column|
Resolve the value of a specific column of the table selection that was made with the Perform Table Operation action during a service transaction.
|Get the number of rows of a table|
|Command||#Subscriber[PA Table.Number of rows]|
|Example||#Subscriber[MyMobileDevices.Number of rows]|
|Get the description of the table|
|Returns||"This table gives an overview of the mobile devices of the subscriber."|
- Configure administrative permissions
- Perform Table Operation
- Configure a filter for a table attribute
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.