Identity Director Administration Guide
Trace files contain logging that can be used for troubleshooting.
The following registry values are available to configure logging for the Transaction Engine:
- In the Windows registry, at HKLM\Software\RES\LoggingOptions:
Value Type Data Remarks Enable REG_DWORD 0 (default) or 1 If this value is not set to 1, the values below are ignored.
This value affects logging for all components.
- In the Windows registry, at HKLM\Software\RES\ITStore\Transaction Engine, the following values are available:
Value Type Data Remarks EnableFileLogs REG_DWORD 0 (default) or 1 Enables logging to a trace file. FileLogLocation REG_SZ
Full path to the location of the log file.
- The IIS user must have access to the specified path.
- If no path is specified, the trace file is saved to [installation folder]\App_Data\Logs.
Name of the trace file. If no name is provided:
- the file name starts with ITSTESvc_Log_
- a new trace file is created at every IIS (re)start, with a time stamp at the end of the file name
0 (default) or 1 If this value is set to 1, the old trace file is deleted after every IIS (re)start. FileLogThreshold
1 through 7
Specifies the level of detail in the trace file. Possible values are:
- 1 (debug)
- 2 (info)
- 3 (status)
- 4 (warning)
- 5 (error)
- 6 (critical)
- 7 (fatal)
Specifies the maximum size of the trace file in MB.
- When the file reaches the maximum size, it overwrites the log from the start. Information that is overwritten, is lost.
- If no maximum size is specified, the size of the file keeps increasing.
Restart the Transaction Engine to apply the changes you made by creating or changing the registry values.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.