Identity Director Administration Guide
In the Management Portal at Setup > Transaction Safeguard, prevent services from making unattended changes in your environment.
If one or more of the transaction safeguard thresholds are exceeded, the system goes into "fail-safe mode": The entire set of transactions is put “on hold”, and further transactions are suspended. To troubleshoot the fail-safe mode, click the Fail-safe mode triggered link. This redirects the Management Portal to Transactions and shows all “suspect” transactions. You can then identify what triggered the fail-safe mode, and decide to continue regular operations or to abort the transactions.
- Paused transactions have the status On Hold.
- The system shows the date and time when the fail-safe mode was enabled, and which rule(s) enabled it. This helps you troubleshoot the fail-safe mode.
- Click Audit Trail to view the Audit Trail. This helps you to identify which change most likely caused the fail-safe (i.e. the entry with a time stamp nearest to the time when the fail-safe happened).
- After you identified and corrected the reason(s) why the fail-safe mode happened:
- Click Resume All to lift the fail-safe mode and proceed with the transactions that caused the fail-safe mode. Use this option if these changes were intended.
- Click Delete and Resume All to abort the transactions and lift fail-safe mode. Use this option if these changes were unintended. You can only delete the entire set of transactions that were put on hold; not individual transactions.
Was this article useful?
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.