You can assign and unassign services directly from the Management Portal if you are a valid Identity Director user. Validation is based on user logon name.
- When you assign a service to one or more persons, the service is delivered, but its workflow is not executed. This is useful, for example, if a mobile phone has already been delivered to a person, but you want to manage the delivery and return of this item with a service from now on: by assigning a service Mobile Phone to a person, the service is delivered, but the person does not receive a mobile phone. If the mobile phone needs to be returned, the "normal" return workflow of the service Mobile Phone is followed.
- Similarly to assigning a service to one or more persons, when you unassign a service, the service is returned, but its workflow is not executed.
- When you assign or unassign a service, you need to specify service attributes manually.
- The availability of this functionality may be subject to the license type used in your environment.
Assign or unassign a service to one or more persons
- In the Entitlement Catalog section, click the tile of the service that you want to request or return. This opens the service page.
- Click Assign in the taskbar to assign the service, or click Unassign to unassign it.
- Select the people to whom you want to assign or unassign the service.
- Click OK.
Assign or unassign one or more services to a person
- In the People section, click the tile of the person to whom you want to assign or unassign services. This opens the person page.
- Click Assign in the taskbar to assign services, or click Unassign to unassign them.
- Select the service(s) that you want to assign or unassign.
- Click OK.