Trace files contain logging that can be used for troubleshooting.
The following registry values are available to configure logging for the Transaction Engine:
- In the Windows registry, at HKLM\Software\RES\LoggingOptions:
Name Type Data Remarks Enable REG_DWORD 0 (default) or 1 If this value is not set to 1, the values below are ignored.
This value affects logging for all components.
- In the Windows registry, at HKLM\Software\RES\ITStore\Transaction Engine, the following values are available:
Name Type Data Remarks EnableFileLogs REG_DWORD 0 (default) or 1 Enables logging to a trace file. FileLogLocation REG_SZ
Full path to the location of the log file.
- The IIS user must have access to the specified path.
- If no path is specified, the trace file is saved to [installation folder]\App_Data\Logs.
Name of the trace file. If no name is provided:
- the file name starts with ITSTESvc_Log_
- a new trace file is created at every IIS (re)start, with a time stamp at the end of the file name
0 (default) or 1 If this value is set to 1, the old trace file is deleted after every IIS (re)start. FileLogThreshold
1 through 7
Specifies the level of detail in the trace file. Possible values are:
- 1 (debug)
- 2 (info)
- 3 (status)
- 4 (warning)
- 5 (error)
- 6 (critical)
- 7 (fatal)
Specifies the maximum size of the trace file in MB.
- When the file reaches the maximum size, it overwrites the log from the start. Information that is overwritten, is lost.
- If no maximum size is specified, the size of the file keeps increasing.
Restart the Transaction Engine to apply the changes you made by creating or changing the registry values.