Scenario 4: Configure e-mail integration
When a service is delivered or canceled, a notification message is sent to the Web Portal for each workflow action that requires user interaction. However, a user is probably not signed in to the Web Portal the entire day to check for new notifications. Therefore, it may be useful to configure E-mail Integration and have them sent by e-mail. Depending on configuration, these e-mails contain a link that opens the Web Portal. E-mail Integration requires a functional e-mail client.
In this scenario, you will configure E-mail Integration and request the service Adobe Illustrator.
Configure e-mail integration
- In the Management Portal, click Setup > E-mail Integration.
- In the Server field, specify the name of the mail server that sends the e-mail. By default, SMTP uses Port 25.
- In the User Name and Password fields, specify the credentials for the e-mail address specified in the From field.
- In the From field, specify the e-mail address from which the e-mail originates.
- In the E-mail People Identifier field, specify the e-mail address that identifies people on the mail server, for example their Primary e-mail address.
- Select Enabled.
- Optionally, click the edit button in the E-mail Template area to adjust the contents of e-mail notifications.
- Click Save.
Request a service
- In the Management Portal, click Entitlement Catalog.
- Click the tile of the service Adobe Illustrator.
- Click Request. This opens the Select People panel.
- Select Amanda Cavendish and click OK.
- A popup panel will ask you to provide information for the service to be delivered.
- Specify the necessary information and click OK.
- Close the Management Portal.
- Log in to the computer as Amanda Cavendish.
- Start up the e-mail application (e.g. Microsoft Outlook) and check whether an e-mail has been delivered for the workflow action.
- Click the link in the e-mail. This should open a browser window to the Web Portal.