- An Ivanti Identity Director 2022 environment.
- An Ivanti or RES ONE Automation 10 environment or higher.
- Install PowerShell 1.0 or higher on the device that runs the Ivanti Automation Agent that executes the Run Book to reset Active Directory passwords.
- Install the Identity Director Windows Client on all devices on which you want to enable users to reset their password from the Windows logon screen.
- Configure Automation Integration in Identity Director to enable services to invoke Run Books (in the Management Portal at Setup > Automation).
- This document comes with pre-configured Import the Building Blocks that make it easier to apply the password reset functionality: the Building Blocks Password reset for Ivanti Identity Director and Password reset for Ivanti Automation.
- Sending verification codes via SMS services requires SMS integration. In addition, the mobile phone numbers of your users to which the verification is sent must be registered in the Identity Director environment (e.g. as a people attribute). SMS integration is not covered in this document.
For more information about Identity Director and Ivanti Automation see the Identity Director Help and Integration with Ivanti Automation and Workspace Control.