- Identity Director uses Named User licenses. These are based on the number of active people in your environment: each active person requires one license.
- People stated as inactive, marked for deletion or ready for deletion don't require a license. They don't qualify for any service and can't sign in to the Web Portal and the Clients.
- Identity Director claims licenses from the Datastore to which an environment connects. This can also be an Ivanti Automation Datastore.
When you install Identity Director, 25 evaluation licenses are available that are valid for 45 days. To use Identity Director after the evaluation period, you need production licenses.
- You can buy production licenses at your reseller.
- If necessary, contact [email protected] (for EMEA) or [email protected] (for US) to extend the evaluation period.
- Evaluation licenses offer the same functionality as enterprise licenses.
These are the types of production licenses available for Identity Director:
- Identity licenses: This license type limits service delivery to automated service delivery scenarios only. It disables functionality related to self-service.
- Access licenses: This license type limits service delivery to self-service delivery scenarios only. It disables functionality related to automated provisioning.
- Password Reset licenses: This license type limits service delivery to the Login Page Services: Password Reset and Unlock Account.
For information on how these licenses can be combined, see the Identity Director Help.
Licensing is maintained by the Transaction Engine. When you add an active person to your environment, the Transaction Engine checks if a sufficient number of licenses is available in the Datastore:
- Sufficient number of licenses: The person claims one license.
- Insufficient number of licenses: The person gets the status Unlicensed and doesn't qualify for any service until a sufficient number of licenses is available. Unlicensed users can't sign in to the Web Portaland the Clients.