By default, the Web Portal caches people queries in the Delegated Administration panel to optimize performance. This is especially noticeable in large environments with many users and organizational context items).
- The first time a user loads people, loading people can take a long time. After that, the data loads much faster.
- The data is cached for 5 minutes. After that, the data needs to be reloaded.
- You can configure the behavior of caching in the WebPortal.config file of the Web Portal. By default, this file is located on the server that hosts the Web Portal at: C:\Program Files (x86)\RES Software\IT Store\Web Portal\Config.
This is an example of a part of the WebPortal.config file with caching enabled:
<panels cacheenabled="true" cacheexpiration="300" cacheexpirationtimeunits="seconds"></panels>
- panels: This element is not mandatory. If it is missing, the above values are used.
- cacheeenabled: This attribute is mandatory. You can use true or false.
- cacheexpiration: This attribute is mandatory.
- cacheexpirationtimeunits: This attribute is mandatory. Its possible values are: seconds, minutes, hours, days. Everything else defaults to seconds. The values are not case-sensitive.