Add the Provide Information action to ask someone for information when the service is requested. For example, if the service creates a new user account, you can ask someone to provide the user details and store this information in service attributes. You then can use the information in other actions.
- You can present the various service attributes as input pages in a wizard, which makes it easier for users to provide input. For example, in an onboarding workflow you may need quite a lot of information. Instead of presenting the relevant service attributes in a Provide Information action as a long list, you can split the service attributes into an input page for address and contact details, followed by several pages for information about the employee’s roles and projects.
- You can optionally set a condition on each wizard page that determines if the page is shown or skipped, or even the entire action. For example, if users need to provide values for a new employee:
- You can make the page for home address information conditional, based on the value of the person attribute "home address": Skip that page and go to the next one if the attribute contains a value; show the page if it does not.
- You can make a basic set of pages for information that all new employees need to fill out; plus an additional set of pages that is conditional, based on an attribute that specifies a project assignment. If there is no project assignment, the wizard can skip all remaining pages upon completion of the last page of the basic set.
- On the Properties tab, configure the general settings of the action.
- On the Pages tab, configure the input pages of the Provide Information wizard in the Web Portal, in which each page contains one or more service attributes to which the user needs to provide input. For example, in an onboarding workflow you may need quite a lot of information. Instead of presenting the relevant service attributes as a long list, you can split the service attributes into an input page for address and contact details, followed by several pages for information about the employee’s roles and projects.
- On the Index tab, view all input pages and the service attributes that you assigned.
Starting with Identity Director 2021.2, you can use reusable attributes in your services.
By checking the Attribute can be reused in Provide Information box when customizing a service attribute, you can use it multiple times throughout the Provide Information action.
The attribute can only be used once per page.
Users can change the value of an attribute throughout the workflow action. At the end of the Provide Information workflow action, only the last value provided is committed.
All attribute types except for table can be set as reusable.
If an attribute is already used as a condition, the Attribute can be reused in Provide Information check box is disabled and a warning message is displayed. This also applies if the page is inactive or if the page conditions are hidden.
Reusable attributes should not be used as page conditions. Even so, Operand and Value are editable fields allowing the user to modify the strings and thus letting reusable attributes being used as page conditions.
This scenario is not supported and might lead to unwanted behavior.
- If this is the first action in the delivery workflow and the Actor field is set to Requester, the action is executed immediately: a popup page opens immediately, and a message requesting information is not sent. This makes for a faster service delivery. However, any alternative workflows are not executed.
- This action adds an exception to the workflow that specifies what happens when a user cancels the action or if it expires.
- This action can be translated. The RESX file of the service that uses the action, contains the translatable fields.
- Properties tab of the Provide Information action
- Pages tab of the Provide Information action
- Index tab of the Provide Information action
- Example regular expression "Pages" tab of "Provide Information" action
- Example organization service attribute "Pages" tab of "Provide Information" action
- Example date and datetime service attributes "Pages" tab of "Provide Information" action
- Configure workflow exceptions