Install the Setup and Sync Tool
The Setup and Sync Tool is the first component you need to install for Identity Director. It can be installed any device that can connect to the database server that hosts the Datastore, usually on the administrator's workstation.
- Log on to the target device with a user account that has the role DBO on the database server.
- Run the Identity Director Installer.
- When prompted, choose Select and install components and click Next.
- In the Features section, select Setup and Sync Tool, followed by any additional components you want to install on the same machine, and click Next.
- Start the installation and follow the Setup Wizard.
Once the Setup and Sync Tool was installed, you will be prompted to configure a Datastore for Identity Director. You can either connect to an existing Datastore by selecting No, or create a new Datastore, by selecting Yes.