In the Management Portal at Setup > Licensing, you manage your licenses and gain insight in your license usage.
Before users qualify for any service and can sign in to the Web Portal and Clients, they need to be licensed.
- Identity Director uses Named User licenses. These are based on the number of Active people in your environment: each active person requires one license.
- People listed as Inactive do not require a license. They do not qualify for any service and cannot sign in to the Web Portal and the Clients.
- Identity Director claims licenses from the Datastore to which an environment connects. This can also be an Ivanti Automation Datastore.
Identity Director displays graphs for license usage per day (previous 30 days) and per month (previous 12 months).
In these graphs, all Active People are counted as a used license, even if no license is available for them. In the Management Portal, go to People for an overview of all people in your environment, and their status.
Based on the license usage graphs, you can decide to adjust your number of licenses.
When you install Ivanti Identity Director, 25 evaluation licenses are available that are valid for 45 days. To use Identity Director after the evaluation period, you need production licenses (Enterprise, Identity or Access licenses).
- You can buy production licenses at your reseller.
- If necessary, contact [email protected] (for EMEA) or [email protected] (for US) to extend the evaluation period.
- Evaluation licenses offer the same service delivery functionality as Enterprise licenses.
There are four types of production licenses available for Identity Director:
- Enterprise licenses (legacy): This license offers full service delivery functionality, same as when Identity and Access licenses are combined. It is packaged with an Ivanti Identity Director license file and an Ivanti Automation Desktop Automation license file.
- Identity licenses: This license limits service delivery to automated service delivery scenarios only. It disables functionality related to self-service.
- Access licenses: This license limits service delivery to self-service delivery scenarios only. It disables functionality related to automated provisioning
- Password Reset licenses: This license type limits service delivery to the Login Page Services Password Reset and Unlock Account only.
You can combine the different license types.
Licensing is maintained by the Transaction Engine. When you add an active person to your environment, the Transaction Engine checks if a sufficient number of licenses is available in the Datastore:
- Sufficient number of licenses: The person claims one license.
- Insufficient number of licenses: The person gets the status No license available and does not qualify for any service until a sufficient number of licenses is available. Unlicensed users cannot sign in to the Web Portal and the Clients.