Management and Security powered by Landesk
TPM Configuration help
This is the context-sensitive help topic for the TPM Configuration dialog in the Ivanti console.
Use this dialog to configure TPM (Trusted Platform Module) security chip settings that can then be deployed to your managed HP devices.
IMPORTANT: Windows XP is not supported
The HP TPM chip setting tool is not supported on HP devices running the Windows XP operating system.
IMPORTANT: New Inventory scan required for settings changes to appear in the Inventory
Any changes you make on this dialog and deploy to a target HP device will not be reflected in the device's inventory until after the next Inventory scan.
This dialog box contains the following options:
- Software Distribution Package name: Identifies the software package with a unique name.
- TPM Configuration options: Determines the settings of the HP TPM security chip on the target HP device. (NOTE: Depending on which option you select, the password fields below change as necessary in order to access the TPM data and apply the new setting.)
- BIOS password: Allows access to the HP BIOS data.
- TPM password: Allows access to the HP TPM data.
- Confirm password: Required to access the relevant data.
- OK: Closes the dialog and saves the software package in the Ivanti Software Distribution tool.
- Cancel: Closes the dialog without saving any of your changes.
For step-by-step instructions on configuring HP BIOS settings that can be deployed to target devices, see Create and deploy HP TPM chip settings to HP devices.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.