Management and Security
Create and deploy HP Software Policy settings to HP devices
Use HP Software Policies to configure and deploy associated HP Power Assistant settings to your managed HP devices. These settings let you optimize power usage and performance with default HP power actions and profiles that can be scheduled for specific times and durations.
The default HP power actions are:
The default HP power management profiles are:
- Power Saver
- High Performance
You first configure the power settings with the HP Software Policy tool, assign that saved policy to a Change Settings task, and then schedule that task to run on your desired target HP devices.
NOTE: HP Battery Check and HP Connection Manager are run by the core server
The HP Battery Check and HP Connection Manager tools are not run as scheduled tasks from the Ivanti console. The Ivanti core server automatically runs these HP scans and adds the data to the core database. HP Battery Check scans HP devices every 14 days. HP Connection Manager scans HP devices once per day.
IMPORTANT: New Inventory scan required for HP Power Assistant settings changes to appear in the Inventory
Any Power Assistant settings changes you make on a managed HP device via deployment of an HP Software Policy (Change Settings) task will not be reflected in the HP device's Inventory until after the next Inventory scan.
To create an HP Software Policy settings (Power Assistant) package
- In the console, click Tools > Security and Compliance > Agent settings.
- In the tree under My agent settings, right-click HP Software Policies, and then click New. The HP Software Policy Settings dialog appears. This is where you configure the HP Power Assistant settings that control power behavior on the managed HP devices.
- Enter a unique name for the HP Software Policy settings package.
- Enter a unique name for the specific event you're configuring. A settings package can consist of one or more events scheduled for different days and/or time periods.
- From the Action menu, select the action type you want this event to perform (Hibernate, Sleep, On).
- From the Profile Name menu, select the predefined HP power profile you want this event to implement (Power Saver, Balanced, Optimized, High Performance).
- From the Day and Time menus, specify when you want this event to be applied.
- Click Add to add this event to the list box. An HP Software Policy and it's associated HP Power Assistant settings is defined by this combination of one or more events.
- When you're done configuring the HP Software Policy (Power Assistant) policy, click Save to save the settings and close the dialog. The new policy appears in the list in the right-hand frame.
Now you can deploy the policy by assigning it to a Change Settings task and then using the Scheduled Tasks tool to specify the time and target HP devices.
To create a Change Settings task with a HP Software Policy
- In the Agent settings tool window, click the Create a task toolbar button, and then click Change settings.
- Enter a unique name for the task.
- Specify whether you want to create a scheduled task or policy.
- From the HP Software Policies Settings drop-down menu, select the policy you want to deploy to target devices.
- Click OK to save the task and close the dialog.
Now you can deploy the configuration using the Scheduled Tasks tool. For detailed information about using the Scheduled Tasks tool, see:
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.