Management and Security powered by Landesk
Generate reports for managed HP devices
The Ivanti Reports tool allows you to generate reports that contain critical and timely information you can use to identify and resolve issues, keep track of your HP devices and associated Retail Point-of-Sale peripheral devices, and record and share this important information with key stakeholders.
The Reports tool lets you run real-time reports, create scheduled report tasks (PDF, XLS, DOC, CSV), and export reports.
With the Reports tool, you can generate:
- Standard reports (Inventory)
- HP-specific reports (Vendor)
- Custom reports based on database queries
The integrated Ivanti plus HP Hardware and Software Management tool includes several predefined HP-specific reports that are added to the Reports tool when you install the HP software.
The HP reports include:
- HP Battery Health Check (with data from a system HP Battery Check diagnostic scan, see Use HP Battery Check)
- HP Mobile Broadband Card Asset Information (with data from a system HP Connection Manager scan, see Use HP Connection Manager)
- HP Point-of-Sale Hybrid Printer Paper Cut Count
HP Point-of-Sale Keyboard with Mini MSR Failed Card Read Count
- HP Point-of-Sale Mini MSR Failed Card Read Count
- HP Point-of-Sale Summary
- HP Point-of-Sale Thermal Receipt Paper Cut Count
- HP Power Assistant Power Consumption (with data from a custom HP Software Policy Settings task, see Create and deploy HP Software Policy settings to HP devices)
- HP Power Assistant Power Consumption By Day of Week (with data from a custom HP Software Policy Settings task, see Create and deploy HP Software Policy settings to HP devices)
These HP reports are located under the Standard reports > Vendor group in the Reports tool window.
To generate reports
- In the console, click Tools > Reporting / Monitoring > Reports. The Reports tool window appears.
- To run (and manage) the Standard Inventory reports, open the Standard reports group in the Reports tree view, click the Inventory group, right-click a specific report in the list in the right-hand frame, and then click Run. Specify the report parameters, and then click View Report.
- To run (and manage) the HP-specific reports, open the Standard reports group in the Reports tree view, click the Vendor group, right-click a specific HP report in the reports list (see the image above), and then click Run. Specify the report parameters, and then click View Report.
- To create (and manage) a custom query-based report, right-click My Reports, and then click New Report. Enter a unique title and description. Click Load from LDMS query, select the database query you want to use as the criteria for your custom report, and then click OK. Specify other report options as desired, and then click OK to create the report and save it in the My reports group.
In order to create custom reports, you must first have database queries that are based on HP device-specific data (and/or HP Retail-Point-Of-Sale RPOS device data). You can do this with the Queries tool in the console's Network View.
NOTE: Using the Ivanti Queries tool
For more detailed information about using the Ivanti Queries tool, see the Queries section in the User's Guide that begins with Database queries.
NOTE: Using the Ivanti Reports tool
For more detailed information about using the Ivanti Reports tool, see the Reports section in the User's Guide that begins with Using reports.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.