Run an inventory scan and view the HP device inventory
Once you've run the Ivanti inventory scanner on a managed HP device, you can view its inventory data in the Ivanti console.
In a device inventory view, you will find the following hardware and software component data:
- BIOS Settings data
- HP Power Assistant data
- HP Battery Check data
- HP Connection Manager data
You can also view the inventory for associated HP Retail Point-of-Sale (RPOS) devices.
NOTE: Device inventory data
Scanned device inventory data is stored in the Ivanti core database. It can be viewed and used by several different tools via the Ivanti console: the inventory view, reports, custom queries, alerts, etc.
Run an inventory scan on a managed HP device
This procedure collects hardware and software component information for a managed device and stores it in the Ivanti core database.
To run an inventory scan
- In the console, right-click a managed HP device to access its shortcut menu.
- Click Inventory scan, and select the type of scan you want to run.
- The Status window displays the progress and other details for the requested action.
View a managed HP device inventory
To view a managed HP device inventory
- In the console, right-click a managed HP device to access its shortcut menu, and then click Inventory.
- In the Inventory window, you can select which type of scanned HP data to view. For example, to view the HP device BIOS settings data, open the BIOS component, and then open the BIOS Settings node.
- To view a specific attribute's properties, select the desired attribute in the list, and then double-click a property in the right-hand frame.
- Click OK to close the properties dialog.
- You can also open the Hewlett-Packard node to view additional HP-specific data, such as: HP Power Assistant, HP Battery Check, and HP Connection Manager data. For more information, see Use HP Power Assistant, Use HP Battery Check, and Use HP Connection Manager.
View an HP Retail Point-of-Sale (RPOS) peripheral device inventory
To view an HP Retail Point-of-Sale (RPOS) device inventory
- In the console, right-click a managed HP device, and then click Inventory > Point-of-Sale Peripherals.
- To view a specific RPOS device's inventory attributes and values, select the device (for example, HP Keyboard).
- To view a specific attribute's properties, double-click the attribute name (for example, Auto Disable).
IMPORTANT: How Ivanti® Endpoint Manager gathers and stores HP device data
The Ivanti core server runs a proprietary utility (the LDHPMgr executable) that gathers specific data from the managed HP devices on your network. Another utility (the HPScanner executable) places that information in the Ivanti core database.