Management and Security powered by Landesk
Enabling S/MIME email support
Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) sign email with a digital signature that verifies where the email came from. If the email client supports it, S/MIME can also encrypt the email.
Enable S/MIME for Apple devices (iOS and macOS) through a configuration profile payload. The payload must include a third-party security certificate for signing and encryption. Self-signed certificates aren't supported.
•iOS S/MIME support is configured in the Mail section of a Mobile iOS configuration profile.
•macOS S/MIME support is configured in the Mail section of a macOS configuration profile.
To configure S/MIME support
- In Tools > Configuration > Agent settings, open the iOS or macOS configuration profile you want to modify.
- In the configuration profile editor, click the Certificates configuration, and click the Configure button if you don't see the configuration options.
- Browse for the certificate file you want to add and click Open.
- Type the Passphrase associated with the certificate.
- Click the Mail configuration, and click the Configure button if you don't see the configuration options.
- In the Mail settings section, click the Outgoing mail tab.
- Select the Enable S/MIME option, and select the Signing Certificate and Encryption Certificate you added earlier.
- Click OK and save your changes.
- Deploy the profile.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.