Management and Security powered by Landesk
Step 2: Selecting attributes to display [Web console]
For Step 2, select the attributes that will be most useful for identifying computers returned in the query results. For example, if you want results that help you physically locate each computer matching the search condition set in Step 1, you would specify attributes such as each computer's display name (Computer.DisplayName) or IP address (Computer.Network.TCPIP.Address).
To select attributes to display
- On the Edit query page, under Step 2, click Edit. A window appears showing a list that represents all of the inventory data currently in the database.
- Drill down this list to select an attribute to display in the query results list. Remember to select attributes that will help you identify the clients returned in the query.
NOTE: If you're using an Oracle database, make sure you select at least one attribute that is natively defined by the inventory scanner (for example, Computer.Display Name, Computer.Device Name, Computer.Device ID, Computer.Login Name, and so on).
- After you've selected an attribute, click Add to move it into the box on the bottom half of the window.
- If you want to enumerate your query results list, select Include count.
- Repeat the process to add more attributes. Use the arrow buttons to add or remove attributes, and click Move up or Move down to change the order of attributes.
- To enable the results of the query to be targetable for any actions you specify, select Make results targetable.
- When you're finished, click OK.
You can also edit the column headings in your query results list.
To change column headings
- Under Step 2, click Edit.
- In the bottom box, click a column heading and click Edit. Edit the heading and press Enter. Repeat as necessary.
- Click OK.
At this point, you may want to save your query. The next procedure in creating a query is optional and applies only to query results that contain two or more columns. To save your query, click the Save button on the toolbar. Type a name in the Save query dialog box, select a group, and then click Save.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.