Management and Security powered by Landesk
Creating a group of devices [Web console]
Groups help you organize devices in the console's Devices list. You can create groups to organize devices based on function, geographic location, department, attributes or any other category that meets your needs. For example, you could create a marketing group for all devices in the marketing department or a group that includes all devices running a specific OS. You can place groups within groups, such as all devices running a specific OS at a certain location.
Groups are organized as follows:
- Devices: To create groups under Devices, you must select My devices or Public devices first.
- My devices: My devices can only be seen by the user who created them.
- Public devices: Only administrators can create or modify groups under Public devices, but anyone can view the groups.
- All devices: There are no subgroups in All devices.
To create a group
- In the Devices list, click My devices or Public devices.
- Click the Add group button on the toolbar.
- Type a name for the new group and click OK.
To delete a group
- In the console's device view, click the parent of the group you want to delete.
- In the tool pane, right-click the group you want to delete and click Delete group.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.