Tools > Configuration > Agent settings > Agent watcher
Use this dialog box to create and edit Agent Watcher settings.
Agent watcher settings determine which services and files are monitored and how often, as well as whether the utility remains resident on the device.
This dialog box contains the following options:
- Name: Identifies the settings with a unique name.
- Agent Watcher remains resident: Indicates whether the LDRegwatch.exe (Agent Watcher executable) remains resident in memory all of the time. If you don't select this option, LDRegwatch.exe remains in memory only long enough to check the selected services and files at the scheduled time.
- Monitor these services: Specifies which critical services will be monitored with the Agent Watcher settings.
- Monitor these files: Specifies which critical files will be monitored with the Agent Watcher settings.
- Polling interval: Specifies how often you want Agent Watcher to monitor the selected services and files. The minimum value for this interval is 30 seconds.
- Check for changes to these settings on the core server: Automatically compares the current version of the selected Agent
watcher settings with the one deployed to target devices (at the
interval specified below). If the settings have been modified during
that time span, the new settings are deployed and Agent Watcher is restarted with the new settings.
- Interval to check: Specifies the time period of the recurring comparison of Agent Watcher settings.
IMPORTANT: Services you're not deploying should not be selected for Agent Watcher monitoring
When configuring Agent Watcher settings, don't select services you don't intend to install on target devices. Otherwise, the core server will receive alerts for services not being installed that weren't installed on purpose. However, note that even if a service that isn't installed is selected to be monitored, alerts are not sent saying that the service can't be restarted or that its startup type can't be changed