Management and Security powered by Landesk
Agent settings: Ivanti Antivirus New
Ivanti Endpoint Security for Endpoint Manager 2017.3 SU2 introduces a new antivirus option that you can use on managed Windows devices. It's not installed by default, so visit this page on the Ivanti community for installation and deployment instructions.
Ivanti Antivirus features are accessed from the Agent Settings tool window (Tools > Security and Compliance > Agent Settings). Then in the Agent settings window under the Security folder, right-click Ivanti Antivirus New and click New....
This topic describes the Ivanti Antivirus New agent settings dialog box and other dialog boxes related to Ivanti Antivirus New.
Use these options to configure what antivirus protections are active and what antivirus elements end-users see on their devices.
Protection: These options determine which antivirus features are active.
- File scan: Enables file scanning so that files on managed devices are periodically scanned for viruses and malware.
- Behavioral scan: Enables real-time behavioral scanning, which monitors application behavior for suspicious activity.
- Network defender: Enables real-time web traffic scanning for malware, covering both HTTP and encrypted HTTPS traffic.
- HTTP: Scans unencrypted HTTP traffic. If you want to scan both HTTP and HTTPS traffic, enable the Network defender option.
- POP: Enables anti-malware protection for POP mail protocol traffic.
- SMTP: Enables anti-malware protection for SMTP mail protocol traffic.
User interface: These options determine what users see on their managed devices.
- Show alerts
- Show notification
- Show tray icon
The Full scan and Critical areas scan pages have the same options. One affects full antivirus scans and the other affects critical area antivirus scans. Available actions on detected items are:
- Move to quarantine
- First action for infected: First action to be taken for an infected file.
- First action for suspicious: First action to be taken for a suspicious file.
- Action for rootkits: First action to be taken for rootkits.
- Use smart scan: Stores file scan data and file checksums in a local database. If a file isn't in the database or if its checksum changes, the file will be scanned. This option speeds up scans since only new or changed files are scanned.
- Use low priority level: Lowers the scanner thread priority so that it is less likely to affect other tasks. This may make scans take longer.
- Allow start scan: Users can start antivirus scans.
- Allow pause scan: Users can pause antivirus scans.
- Allow postpone scan: Users can postpone scans.
- Allow stop scan: Users can stop an active scan.
Use this page to configure where managed devices will download antivirus updates from. By default two locations are included: directly from the antivirus vendor (av-update.ivanti.com) and your core server. The vendor server will always have the latest updates. The core server updates its antivirus pattern files at the interval you specify, as described in the next section. The default is 24 hours.
Managed devices will call the servers based on the order. If one fails, it will fall back to the other. When a device downloads pattern files from the core server, it will always go directly to the core server.
Use the Up and Down buttons to change the preferred order. The Default URL and Core URL buttons insert the default values for those items.
In the Patch and Compliance tool's Download updates dialog box, there are two pages to be aware of: The Ivanti Antivirus New page and the Proxy settings page.
The Ivanti Antivirus New page has a single option, Update frequency. This controls the how often antivirus pattern file updates are downloaded from the cloud repository to the core for the new antivirus. The configurable range is 1-240 hours and the default is 24 hours.
Ivanti Antivirus New updates use the proxy configuration you've specified on the Proxy settings page. When a proxy is set, the update process that runs on the core will used the proxy settings when connecting to the antivirus cloud server to download the updated pattern files.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.