Management and Security
Agent settings: Power management
Tools > Security and Compliance > Agent Settings > Power Management > Power Management settings
Power management uses policy-based management to send stand by, hibernate, shut down, and turn on instructions to your managed computers. Power management policies enable you to control specific computers and groups of computers.
To specify the settings of a new power management policy
- In the Agent settings window, click Power Management to expand it. Right-click Power management settings, then click New....
- Enter a name and description for the policy.
- Add at least one power scheme to the policy. Select settings from the six lists (Action, Device, Inactivity trigger, Source, Day, and Time) and then click Add power scheme.
You can add multiple power schemes as needed. To remove a power scheme from a policy, click the Delete button () next to the scheme.
- Expand Options in the left column. Select settings on the six options pages.
- When all options are defined, click Save.
About the Power configuration page
- Action: Select the action to take on the managed computer — hibernate, standby, turn on, turn off, or alert.
- Device: Select the device on which to perform the action (for example, computer).
- Inactivity trigger: Select the time interval that needs to pass before the action is triggered (1 minute to 5 hours, or never). Note: If you select Turn off from the Action list, the title of this list changes from Inactivity trigger to Shutdown type (hard or soft).
- Source: Select the power source the device is using (plugged in, on batteries, either).
- Day: Select the day or days of the week to perform the action.
- Time: Select the time or times of the day to perform the action.
About the Options pages
- Options: Disable screen saver, Enable local wakeup, Delay shutdown, Monitor.
- Process-sensitive trigger: Enable this option to delay the power policy if any of the listed processes are detected. The policy will continue if no policies are detected after the number of minutes specified. To add processes to this list, use the Process sensitive trigger list toolbar button.
- Usage monitor: Enable this option to enforce the power policy if the conditions specified in the dialog are met. Conditions that can be specified are CPU usage and Network traffic. If either or both reach a specified percentage lower than the maximum, the power policy will be enforced.
- End process: Enable this option to end the processes in the list during a shutdown. To add processes to this list, use the End process list toolbar button.
- Power buttons: Enable this option to configure the actions that result when a user presses power buttons on a managed device. Select which action to complete for each type of button when the machine is plugged in or on battery. For each situation, the actions you can choose are Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut down.
- CPU throttling: Enable this option to configure the CPU throttling (restricting the power levels of the CPU) of a deployed power policy. Select a level of performance when the machine is plugged in or on battery. Performance options are Highest (minimum 100 maximum 100), Adaptive (minimum 5 maximum 100), Low (minimum 5 maximum 50), or Lowest minimum 5 maximum 33).
Using the Turn On action with Wake on LAN
Power management uses wake on LAN (WOL) technology, or Intel vPro wake up, to remotely power on a computer to run scheduled tasks. For power management to use WOL functionality, your managed computers must have properly configured network adaptors that support WOL.
Power Management can't set up or configure a network adaptor's WOL functionality for you. If the WOL functionality on a computer's network adaptor is not enabled, a power management policy that includes a "turn on" action in its power scheme will fail on that computer. Power Management currently does not include any way to monitor whether a network adaptor's WOL functionality is enabled.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.