Management and Security powered by Landesk
Monitor services and files with Agent Watcher
You can use Ivanti Agent Watcher to monitor the following services and files.
The following agent services can be monitored:
- Local scheduler
- Ivanti Antivirus
- Policy Invoker
- Remote Control
- Software Monitoring
- Targeted Multicast
CAUTION: Services you're not deploying should not be selected for Agent Watcher monitoring
When configuring Agent Watcher settings, don't select services you don't intend to install on target devices. Otherwise, the core server will receive alerts for services not being installed that weren't installed on purpose. However, note that even if a service that isn't installed is selected to be monitored, alerts are not sent saying that the service can't be restarted or that its startup type can't be changed.
When monitoring agent services, Agent Watcher:
- Restarts services when they shut down (one time)
- Changes the service's startup type back to automatic when the startup type is changed
- Sends alerts to the core server when services are not installed
- Sends alerts to the core server when services can't be restarted
- Sends alerts to the core server when a service's startup type can't be changed back to automatic
The following files can be monitored:
When monitoring files, Agent Watcher:
- Removes files from the registry that are scheduled for deletion upon reboot
- Sends alerts to the core server when the files are scheduled for deletion upon reboot
- Sends alerts to the core server when the files have been deleted
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.