Management and Security
Edit an alert rule
You can edit individual alert rules in the Rules summary page. Changes you can make include selecting a different action or time filter, selecting which severity levels are in effect, and specifying whether the rule contributes to the device's health status.
- Click Tools > Configuration > Agent settings > Alerting.
- Double-click the alert setting you want to edit.
- Select the alert ruleset you want to edit and click Edit .
- In the Rules summary list, select the alert rule you want to edit and click Edit .
- To change the associated action or time, select a new option from the respective list.
- To receive an alert notification only for particular severity levels, click the State icons. A dimmed icon indicates that alerts for that severity level will be ignored.
- To include the alert rule as an indicator of device health, select the Health check box.
- Click OK to save your changes.
View or edit an alert rule's configuration
If you want to see or change the configuration options of an existing alert rule, follow these steps. Not all rules have additional configuration options.
- In the Rules summary list, click New .
- From the Alerts tree select the rule you want to view or edit, and click Edit .
- View or modify the options you want.
- Click OK.
- If you made changes, select the check box for the rule you modified and click OK then Save. Otherwise click Cancel to exit the dialog boxes.
Was this article useful?