Management and Security
View the global alert log
Use the global Alert log page to view alerts sent to the core server. The log is sorted by time (GMT) with the most recent alert at the top.
To view the global alert log
- Click Tools > Reporting/Monitoring > Logs.
- To sort entries by column, click a column heading.
- To view a more detailed description of an alert, double-click the entry in the Alert name column.
- To list log entries by name, status, or instance, select the filter criteria in the In column drop-down list. For example, select Alert name and type a complete name (such as Performance) or a partial name with the * wildcard (such as Remote*) in the Find box. To search by date, select Enable date filtering, enter a range with a start date and end date. When you have added filter criteria, click the Search button.
- To clear the health status of an alert, select the alert in the Alert name column and click the Acknowledge button on the toolbar, and then click OK.
- To delete a log entry, right-click the alert and select Delete.
NOTE: If the device name does not appear as a fully qualified domain name, it is because this product was unable to resolve the fully qualified domain name for the device.
- Alert name: The name associated with the alert, as defined in the Alert configurations page.
- GMT Time: The date and time the alert was generated (GMT).
- Status: The severity state of the alert, which can be one of the following:
- Unknown: The status cannot be determined.
- Informational: Supports configuration changes or events that manufacturers may include with their systems.
- OK: Indicates that the status is at an acceptable level.
- Warning: Provides some advance warning of a problem before it reaches a critical point.
- Critical: Indicates that the problem needs your immediate attention.
- Device name: The name of the device on which the alert was generated. This should be a fully qualified domain name.
- IP address: The IP address of the device on which the alert was generated.
- Instance: Provides more detailed information as to the situation in which the alert was generated.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.