Viewing Client data storage
The Client data storage tool (Tools > Configuration > Client data storage) lets you view encrypted client data. Currently, this tool shows data for Windows devices with BitLocker enabled, maOS devices with FileVault enabled, and macOS/iOS/iPadOS devices with activation lock enabled via Endpoint Manager. Use this tool if you need to retrieve a device's BitLocker/FileVault recovery key or activation lock bypass codes.
To retrieve encrypted client data
- Click Tools > Configuration > Client data storage.
- In the Devices tree, double-click the device you want.
- In the Client data dialog box, select the Client data item matching the data you want, and click the export toolbar button.
- Select a location for the resulting text file.
- Open the text file in an editor and view the recovered key/code.
You can also retrieve recovery keys from the Network view. In the Network view, right-click the device you want, then click Security and Patch > Recover keys > BitLocker or FileVault, depending on the device type you selected.