Monitor devices for network connectivity
Device monitoring lets you regularly monitor the connectivity of any of your managed devices.
Ping settings are specific to the device you've selected. When a device stops responding to a ping (when it goes offline), an alert notification is added to the log on the core server. If you want to be notified with another alert action, such as receiving an email when a device goes offline, you can configure an alert in the core alert ruleset.
To monitor connectivity for managed devices
- Click Configure > Device monitoring.
- Click Add. Select one or more devices that you want to monitor, and then click Add.
- Specify the Ping frequency setting, the number of retries, and the timeout limit.
- Click OK.
About the Configure device monitoring dialog
Use this dialog to configure the following device monitoring options.
- Monitor these devices: Lists the devices that are currently being monitored.
- Add: Opens the Add monitored devices dialog where you can search for and select managed devices that you want to monitor.
- Remove: Deletes the selected device from the list.
- Ping frequency: Control when and how the ping operation occurs. These settings can be applied to each device individually.
- Ping every: Schedules a periodic ping at the specified minute interval.
- Schedule daily at: Schedules a daily ping at a specific time.
- Retries: Specifies the number of ping retries.
- Timeout: Specifies the number of seconds until ping retries will timeout.
- OK: Saves your changes and closes the dialog.
- Cancel: Closes the dialog without saving your changes.