Management and Security powered by Landesk
To start the console
- Click Start > Programs > Ivanti > Ivanti Management Console. (The actual program name may be different depending on the Ivanti product that's installed and the license used to activate your core server.)
- Enter the user name and password.
If you're connecting to a remote core server, follow the normal Windows rules for remote login (i.e., if the user is local to that core server, just enter the user name; if the user is a domain user, enter the domain name\user name).
- Select the core server you want to connect to. The user must have proper authentication credentials to that core server.
- Click OK.
The console opens with the layout (size, position, open tool windows, etc.) that was being used the last time this user logged out.
For additional consoles, the credentials you use to log into Endpoint Manager must match the credentials used for any drives you have mapped to the core server. Otherwise, you might see a "Multiple connections" error in the console login dialog.
Use this dialog to launch the console and connect to a core server.
- Username: Identifies a Ivanti user. This might be an administrator user or some other type of user with restricted access
(see Role-based administration overview). The user must be a member of one of the Ivanti groups on the core server. Follow the normal Windows rules for remote login (i.e., if the user is local to that core server, just enter the user name; if the user is a domain user, enter the domain name\user name).
- Password: The user's password. (NOTE: If a Ivanti Administrator changes the password of another user, for example an additional console user, the new password does not take effect until that user reboots their console. At that point, the user would enter their new password to log into the console.)
- Core server: Specifies the core server you want to connect to. This list is the same as the core server list available on the console toolbar.
With single sign-on, a user can log onto the Ivanti console without having to enter a username and password. If the user is the logged in user, the Windows credentials will pass through and the console will not prompt the user for login information.
To enable Single Sign-on
- On the core server, click the Ivanti Management Console icon to open the Ivanti® Endpoint Manager powered by Landesk window.
- In the User name field, enter the domain\username.
- In the Password field, enter the password.
- Click Log in to open the Ivanti console.
- In the Ivanti console, click Configure | Services to open the Configure Ivanti Software Services window.
- On the General tab, in the Single Sign-on field, select Only.
- Click Apply.
- Click [OK.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.