Management and Security powered by Landesk
Connect to the core server through the Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance
There are two options for configuring managed Macintosh devices to connect to the core through the Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance (formerly the Ivanti Management Gateway):
- Push the configuration to mobile devices while they are attached to the local network. This is an easy way to configure mobile devices so they can connect through the Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance after they are disconnected from the local network. This type of configuration enables Ivanti® Endpoint Manager powered by Landesk functionality through the appliance without the necessity of manually configuring individual managed devices.
- Manually configure each managed device to connect through the Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance. This type of configuration enables Ivanti® Endpoint Manager powered by Landesk functionality through the appliance. Manual configuration can only be done by a user with Administrator rights on the client device.
After configuring the core for connection through the Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance, rebuild any agents for Macintosh devices and push them to the devices.
To manually configure a managed device
- From the Utilities folder on the managed device, launch the Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance application.
- Specify the Domain name of the appliance.
- Choose the best connection method to the Ivanti core.
- Request a certificate by typing a Ivanti console user name and password, then clicking Request.
- Click Test to test the connection from the managed device to the Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance.
- If the test fails, check the information you entered and correct any mistakes, then click Test to make sure the connection works.
- If the managed device accesses the Internet through a proxy, specify the necessary proxy settings.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.