Management and Security powered by Landesk
Remote control Mac devices
You can remote control a Mac device from the console. Before you can perform any remote control tasks, you must connect to the target device. Only one viewer can communicate with a device at a time, though you can open multiple viewer windows and control different devices at the same time.
NOTE: Mac devices only support HTML 5 remote control.
For more information about using remote control in Endpoint Manager, see HTML remote control.
For Mac devices with a resident agent, you can connect to and remote control it through the console.
To connect to a device with an agent
- In the Network view, right-click the device you want to remote control, and then click HTML remote control.
- Once the viewer window appears and connects to the remote device, you can use any of the remote control tools available from the Tools menu, such as reboot or restart.
- To end a remote control session, click the Exit session toolbar button or close the browser tab.
NOTE: Clipboard sharing and draw features are not supported on Mac devices.
For Mac devices without a resident agent, administrators can give you access to download a standalone client through the CSA. Upon opening this file, you must manually connect to your CSA. Once connected, an administrator can remote control the device through an open browser and perform actions such as chatting, file transfers, and remote executions.
The instructions below are for how a user makes their Mac device available for remote control access by an administrator. The instructions for how to open a remote control session through the CSA are covered on the Handling remote control sessions for Mac devices through the CSA
To open a CSA connection for administrators to perform remote control actions
- From the Mac device you wish to allow remote control access, you must download the RCClient.dmg file. You can access this file by navigating to the CSA home page (http://<CSA name or IP address>) and clicking Remote Assistance Client > Download. Uploaded clients display at the bottom of this page.
- Once downloaded, open the file. You are prompted to enter the CSA URL. If you downloaded this client from the CSA, then this field should automatically populate.
- Click Launch to open the connection between CSA and your device. Your IT administrator may now remotely control the device.
Once the remote control session is over, you can simply remove or close the file. No further remote control sessions may be established on the device until the file is opened and launched once more.
Mac keyboard emulation
Mac keyboards have some keys that PC keyboards don't have. When remote controlling a Mac device from a PC, use the remote control window's keyboard tool to emulate Mac keys when necessary.
The inactivity timeout specifies a period of time (10 minutes by default), after which, if the client hasn’t received mouse or key moves, the session is terminated. Similar to a screen saver, it prevents others from using the remote computer if it is left unattended.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.