Management and Security powered by Landesk
Configuring the Portal Manager
Ivanti Portal Manager is configured and deployed as part of the standard Ivanti agent.
The Portal Manager lists the available applications, documents, and links. You can change how these are displayed on managed devices by changing the Portal Manager agent configuration.
To configure how the Portal Manager displays applications
- Click Tools > Configuration > Agent configuration.
- Create a new configuration, or double-click a configuration to edit it.
- Expand Distribution and Patch in the configuration's tree structure and click the Portal Manager page.
- Click the Configure button. Either select an existing agent configuration and click Edit, or click New to create a new one.
- On the General page, select options that determine how end users can interact with the Portal Manager.
- On the Applications page, select the applications you want to appear in the Portal Manager. Click New to define applications. Choose from items in the Available applications list and click >> to show them in the Portal Manager.
- On the Branding page, you can customize the title color, taskbar icon, the corporate logo, and the background image that are displayed in the Portal Manager.
- When you've finished, click Save. Select the settings and click Use selected. You are returned to the agent configuration dialog.
- Under Shortcut configuration, select where on the end user's device you want to display a shortcut to the Portal Manager.
- Select Run Portal Manager when the user logs on if you want the Portal Manager to always open when the end user logs on to the device. This can be useful if you want to make sure that required policies are downloaded in a timely way.
- When you've finished the configuration, click Save. You can then schedule the agent to be deployed to selected devices.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.