Management and Security powered by Landesk
Configure applications that should be shut down
Use the Identify processes to terminate at shutdown toolbar button to stop processes that can delay a power policy option. Some processes cause a machine to not follow the configured power policies parameters. This same process affects a few or many machines following the policy. Power management terminates the processes that prevent the device from going into standby or shutting down.
To identify applications that should be terminated as part of a shutdown
- Click Tools > Power management > Power management.
- Click the Application management button on the toolbar and select Identify processes to terminate at shutdown.
- Add, modify, or delete process names to the list.
- When the list is complete, click OK.
NOTE: The list you create here will only apply to a managed device if you have enabled the end process list option in the power management policy for that device.
- Add: Adds a process that is a known .exe that needs to be terminated.
- Import: Adds a process from information gathered from the client machines using Historical data info. This includes processes that are listed in the power management alert log.
- Delete: Removes the selected process from this list.
- Modify: Click this button to change the name of the .exe file.
- All: Selects all the processes in the list.
- None: Clears all the processes in the list.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.