Management and Security
Define an action variable
- Click Tools > Provisioning > OS provisioning.
- Right-click a template and click Edit.
- In the right pane, click Action list and select a section in which you'll define the variable.
- Click Add to create a new action. If you want to modify an existing action, right-click the action and select Properties.
- To add an action variable, click Add.
- In the Search value box, type the item you want to add as a variable. Use quotation marks around names with spaces. Names are case-sensitive.
- In the Replacement value box, type the value you want as a replacement. You can use most values from the core database. Use quotation marks around values with spaces. Values are case-sensitive.
- Select the variable type:
- String: An alpha-numeric string value.
- Database value: A database ID string, such as Computer.Network."NIC address".
- Sensitive data: A value to be encrypted in the core database.
Was this article useful?