Management and Security powered by Landesk
Use this dialog box to create or edit a scope. You can access this dialog box by selecting a scope and clicking the Edit scope toolbar button or by right-clicking the scope and then clicking Properties.
- Scope name: Identifies the scope.
- Select a scope type:
- LDMS query: Creates a scope whose device range is determined by a custom query. Clicking New with this scope type selected opens the New query dialog box where you can define and save a query. This is the same query dialog box you use when creating a database query from the network view. (Note that you can also copy queries from the Queries groups in the network view directly into the Scopes group.)
- LDAP: Creates a scope whose device range is determined by the device location (LDAP directory and/or custom directory). Clicking New with this scope type selected opens the Select visible devices dialog box where you can select locations from inventory data. Click on the plus (+) and minus (-) signs to expand and collapse nodes in the directory tree. You can multi-select locations by using Ctrl+click. All nodes under a selected parent node will be included in the scope. If you click Browse directories, you can browse and select devices from the actual LDAP directory tree for directories you've configured.
- Device group: Creates a scope whose device range is determined by an existing group of devices contained under the Devices object in the network view. Clicking New with this scope type selected opens the Query filter dialog box where you can select a device group.
- Current scope definition: Displays the query statements for a query-based scope, the location paths for a directory-based scope, or the group name for a device group-based scope.
- Edit: Opens the scope's appropriate dialog box where you can change query parameters and statements.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.