Management and Security powered by Landesk
Create a scope
A scope defines the devices that can be viewed and managed by a Endpoint Manager user.
A scope can be as large or small as you want, encompassing all of the managed devices scanned into a core database, or possibly just a single device.
To create a scope
- Click Tools > Administration > User Management.
- Right-click Scopes and click New Scope.
- In the Scope Properties dialog box, enter a name for the new scope.
- Specify the type of scope you want to create (LDMS query, LDAP or custom directory, or device group) by clicking a scope type from the drop-down list, and then clicking New.
- If you're creating an LDMS query-based scope, define the query in the New scope query dialog box, and then click OK.
- If you're creating a directory-based scope, select locations (LDAP directory and/or custom directory) from the Select visible devices list (you can browse the directory by clicking Browse directories), and then click OK.
Click on the plus (+) and minus (-) signs to expand and collapse nodes in the directory tree. All nodes under a selected parent node will be included in the scope.
LDAP directory locations are determined by a device's directory service location. Custom directory locations are determined by a device's computer location attribute in the inventory database. This attribute is defined during device agent configuration.
- If you're creating a device group-based scope, select a group from the available device group list, and then click OK.
- Click OK again to save the scope and close the dialog box.
To create a scope based on an existing query
- Right-click Scopes and click New scope from query.
- Select the query you want and click OK.
- A copy of the query will be made and a new scope appears in the tree with a name based on the source query name.
NOTE: You can quickly create a scope from an existing query by dragging a query from the Network view and dropping it onto the scopes tree.
NOTE: Scopes use a copy of the query they are based on. Changes to the source query in the Network view won't affect existing scopes.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.