Management and Security powered by Landesk
HTML remote control WS
Ivanti® Endpoint Manager powered by Landesk 2018.1 introduces a fast and modern HTML5 WebSockets (WS) remote control engine. It uses a new browser-based viewer container that is preconfigured to securely manage your remote connections. Remote control WS sessions are initiated through a connection to the core server. Once the core authenticates the session, the local and remote devices communicate directly with each other.
The new HTML5 remote control WS engine is deployed with 2018.1 or later Endpoint Manager agents. The support for older HTML5 and Windows console-based remote control agents is also enabled by default, but you can disable them in agent settings.
To use remote control WS, in the network view or network map, right-click the device you want and click Remote Control WS. The viewer will launch, authenticate your session, and begin remote control.
- Click Tools > Configuration > Agent settings. In the tree, click Agent settings > My agent settings > Remote control. Create a new remote control setting or edit an existing one.
- On the General settings page, clear Allow HTML access and Allow legacy remote access.
- Click Save and redeploy the agent setting if necessary.
Currently, the new HTML remote control WS engine supports the following features:
- Keyboard support, including international and special key support. Generally, if a browser can detect the key or key combination you're sending, the corresponding character or combination should be reproduced on the remote device.
- Video, up to 1920x1920. Higher resolutions will be scaled down to the supported maximum.
- Clipboard text
- Multiple simultaneous remote control sessions to a single device. If permission required is enabled, remote users must grant permission individually for each remote control request.
The following features aren't currently available:
- Communication through an Ivanti Cloud Services Appliance
- Chat (we suggest using Windows Notepad as an alternative)
- File transfer
- Run programs on remote device
- Multiple monitor support
Users being remote controlled will see a green border around the edges of their screen. If the Floating desktop icon option is enabled in the remote control agent settings, that will appear on both the local and remote device screens. Agent settings options such as File transfer and Run programs on remote device that aren't supported by the new remote control WS engine are ignored.
The viewer window has two controls at the bottom, a 1:1 Resolution button that enables\disables scaling, and a Close button that ends the session and returns you to the remote control WS viewer login page.
Running the HTML remote control WS viewer in standalone mode
The new remote control WS viewer supports a standalone mode. You can launch the viewer container from here:
- C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\RCViewer.exe
You can copy this file to any computer that you want. When you run it you'll see the remote control WS viewer login page.
Provide all the information that page requests to initiate a remote control WS connection.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2018, Ivanti. All rights reserved.