The remote control viewer supports the following hot keys (Tools > Options > Hot key settings):
- Enable hot keys (Ctrl+Alt+H): Enable/Disable hot key availability. Hot keys are enabled by default.
- Close viewing session (Ctrl+Alt+S): Disconnect the current viewing session. The remote control viewer window stays open.
- Send Ctrl-Alt-Delete (Ctrl+Alt+D): Send Ctrl+Alt+Delete to the target device.
- Lock out remote keyboard and mouse (Ctrl+Alt+K): Enable/Disable the target device's local mouse and keyboard.
- Toggle full-screen (Ctrl+Alt+M): Toggle the remote control viewer between windowed mode and full screen mode.
- Send Ctrl+Esc (CTRL+Alt+E): Send Ctrl+Esc to the target device.
- Toggle mouse and drawn mode: Toggle between drawing mode and normal mouse pointer mode.
- Fit to screen Define a default hot key sequence for toggling the Fit to screen option on and off.
- Refresh screen: Retransmit screen data from the remote computer.
- Refresh data: Send a refresh command (F5) to the remote computer.
- Disconnect session: End the current remote control session. The viewer window stays open.
You can change a hot key by clicking in the box next to it and pressing the new key combination. The print screen or pause/break keys can't be part of a key combination.
Sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to Windows 7 and newer devices
The default local security policy on Windows 7 and later devices won't allow Ctrl+Alt+Del from a remote control viewer. To change this, do the following.
To allow Ctrl+Alt+Del on Windows Windows 7 and newer devices
- In the Start menu's search box, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Logon Options > Software Secure Attention Sequence.
- Double-click Disable or Enable Software Secure Attention Sequence.
- Click Enabled, and in the drop-down list click either Services or Services and Ease of Access applications.
- Click OK.