Management and Security
About the Schedule task dialog box
When you schedule a report, the following items can be configured. Some items are for information only and are not configurable.
- Owner: The scope for the report matches the scope of the user who runs the report. If you want to change to a different user, select one from the list.
Schedule task tab
- Leave unscheduled: Adds the task to the Scheduled tasks window but doesn't schedule the task. Use this option if you want to preserve a task configuration but you don't want it to run.
- Start now: Starts the task as soon as the dialog box is closed. There can be a delay of up to a minute before the task actually starts.
- Start later: Starts the task at the specified time and date.
- Date and time: Runs a task on selected date. Type the date using MM/DD/YY format, or click the Date list to pick the date from a calendar.
- Repeat every: Schedules the task to recur periodically. Select Day, Week, or Month from the list to choose how often the task repeats. It repeats at the time set above.
- LANDESK Reports Share: By default, every report is saved in the ldmain\reports folder, which is set up as a share on the core server. Anyone with rights to that share can open the folder and view the reports. If you don't want the report saved in the share, clear this check box.
- Users: Select the check box for every user who you want to receive the report. To send a report to a user, the user's properties must have an e-mail address specified (this is done in the User management tool).
SMTP configuration tab
- Outgoing mail server: Select the SMTP server to use for sending report e-mails.
- Port number: Specify the port number used by the SMTP server.
- This server requires a secure connection: Select this check box if the SMTP server requires an HTTPS connection.
- My outgoing server requires authentication: Select this check box if the server requires credentials. You can use NTLM authentication or specify a user name and password.
- Test e-mail: Enter a test e-mail address and click Test to test the SMTP settings to make sure the SMTP configuration is valid.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.