Management and Security
Ivanti Privilege Management integration (2019 and newer)
Ivanti Application Control, powered by AppSense, is a separate Ivanti application that is included with some Security Suite licenses. Endpoint Security can import and deploy configurations that you create in Application Control. Because Endpoint Security already has a feature called "Application Control," in Endpoint Security this integration is called "Privilege Management."
Before you can deploy privilege management configurations, you need to copy some Application Control installation files to the \Program Files\LANDESK\ManagementSuite\LDLogon\HIPS folder on your core server:
- The license file you received from your purchase (.LIC file)
- Client installation files from the Software folder in the Application Manager archive
- All ApplicationManagerAgent* files
Once this is done, you're ready to import and deploy privilege management configurations.
To import a privilege management configuration
- In Application Control, create a configuration and save it. Configurations are stored in a file with a .aamp extension.
- In Endpoint Security, click Tools > Security and Compliance > Agent Settings. In the tree, click Agent settings > Security > Endpoint Security > Privilege Management.
- Right-click Privilege Management and click New to open the Privilege Management Settings dialog box.
- Enter a Configuration name.
- Click the Import configuration button, and browse for your saved privilege managemnet .aamp configuration file.
- Click Save.
To deploy a privilege management configuration
- In Agent Settings > Security > Endpoint Security, double-click the setting you want to modify or create a new one.
- In the Default policy tab, select Privilege Management. In the dropdown list next to that field, select the privilege management configuration you created earlier.
- Click Save.
- Use Endpoint Security to deploy the updated configuration.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2019, Ivanti. All rights reserved.