Management and Security powered by Landesk
About the link properties dialog box
Use the link properties dialog box (Tools > Distribution > New distribution package toolbar button > New link package) to create links in Portal Manager (LaunchPad) and the Start menu. You can also include distribution packages with the link.
The Information page has these options:
- Description: The text that appears with the link icon.
- Type: Select Distribution package, Executable, or URL link. Selecting Distribution package enables the Distribution package page, where you can select the package you want associated with the link. Clicking the link installs the package, and once the install completes the application launches. With URLs, you have the option of having the URL visible in kiosk mode.
You can select on or more link locations.
- Launchpad: Puts the link in Portal Manager (LaunchPad). You can add and edit application categories here that will appear in Portal Manager and Fuse.
- Category: You can use categories in Portal Manager to categorize apps and links. Click Edit to manage categories.
- Desktop: Puts the link on the desktop.
- Start menu: Puts the link in the Start menu. You can select a folder to contain the link if you want. If the folder you want isn't in the list, click Edit and add it. Folders are stored in Documents and Settings > All Users > Application Data > Ivanti > Management Suite > LaunchPad. Any folder created below the LaunchPad folder will not be displayed; folders must be created at root of the LaunchPad folder to be displayed.
The Target page has these options:
- Target: Type the location of the application after it is installed. To run batch files, the command is "cmd.exe /c <"path of batch file to execute">.
- Command-line arguments: Type any command-line arguments associated with the application.
- Start in: The current working directory. You can enter variables for Windows folders, such as %windir%\system32\.
The icon page has these options:
- Use target default: Select to use the icon associated with the application.
- Custom: Select to use a different icon. Custom icons must be accessible over the network. Click the Choose button to browse for the icon (.ico) file you want to use.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.